Luxury Majorca Holidays
Majorca is one of the most popular holiday destinations in Europe. With its selection of idyllic beaches and stunning landscapes, it’s no surprise that the island receives millions of tourists from all over the world every year.
When to visit
Majorca offers beautiful sights all year round. Tourists flock throughout the year, as the island holds many festivals and events, particularly during the spring and summer months. Those wishing to soak up plenty of sun should visit between May and September, as this is when temperatures on the island reach their highest. However, if you wish to avoid the stifling heat and crowds of tourists, then winter is a great time to visit. Spring also offers more comfortable temperatures.
During the spring season, the island really starts to come to life, as tourists gather for Easter festivals. Hotels also begin to reopen during this season, which means you can easily find a luxury hotel. If you love music festivals, then Majorca is the place to be during the summer season.
Where to stay
The island offers some of the best hotels in Spain. From 5 star hotels to luxurious villas, the island offers something for every tourist. Its largest city, Palma de Mallorca, is an ideal destination if you are looking for charming hotels that offer stunning sights. The city also offers lodging for those on a budget. If you wish to explore the island’s mountainous terrain, Cala Ratjada, which is situated in the northeast corner of the island, offers a variety of hotels.
What to see
When it comes to sightseeing in Majorca, you really are spoilt for choice. The island is the largest in the Balearic Islands, so there is plenty to see and do. From white sandy beaches and mountains to charming villages and historic sights, there is something for everyone. The island’s highlights include:
• Palma de Mallorca. In addition to offering luxury hotels, the island’s capital also has a rich history and some stunning sights, including the historic Bellver Castle.
• Es Trenc. One of Majorca’s most popular beaches, Es Trenc offers beautiful white sand and idyllic views.
• Serra de Tramuntana. A World Heritage Site, this mountain range offers plenty of sightseeing opportunities.
• Playa de Palma. The village of Playa de Palma is a great spot for shopping and is particularly popular with tourists looking for thriving nightlife.
• Valldemossa. An important part of Majorca’s history, this beautiful village is well known for its tranquil atmosphere.
• Sóller. The town of Sóller offers some stunning architecture, as well as spectacular valley views.
• Alcudia. Located on the north of the island, the town of Alcudia is perfect for wildlife lovers. There is a park in the town, which is home to a selection of birds and various other animals.
If you love to shop, then you will feel at home in Majorca. The island has a selection of shopping spots that offer a variety of goods. Manacor, a town situated near the east of the island, has a large market where you will find items such as clothes and souvenirs. There are also a variety of shops to explore in the picturesque town of Palma.
One of the best parts of a luxury holiday is sampling the cuisine. The island offers a wide selection of restaurants to suit all tastes. Palma de Mallorca is a particularly ideal spot for dining. You can enjoy local dishes such as paella and tapas or if you love seafood, visit one of the city’s cafes.
Festivals and events
Majorca holds many festivals and events all year round. Notable events include an annual jazz festival, which is held in the Calla d’Or, and Noche Buena, which is the New Year celebration.
It is easy to navigate your way around Majorca, thanks to the many transport options. The mountainous areas can be explored by bike or on foot and nearby cities can be reached by ferry. Palma de Mallorca airport offers flights to nearby locations.
You can also easily explore the local area by bus and there are several car rental companies that operate in the area.
To sum up
Majorca is the perfect destination for five star holidays. Whether you want to soak up the sun or spend the day exploring the island’s many beautiful buildings and mountains, you are sure to have a holiday experience that you will never forget.
Majorca Essential Facts
|Flights Time||2 Hours 30 Mins|
|Electricity||220V AC Two Pin|